Explore four key transformation topics that can help you stay competitive while meeting changing customer needs
Imagine if you could gather user information from products and work collaboratively with a development team to improve products and develop new ones.
Deliver the right product and service at the right time and margin
By 2050, it’s expected that manufacturing will need 400 percent more water 4 and agricultural will need a 70 percent increase in agricultural output to feed the world’s growing population5. All at a time when public awareness has increased about the need to conserve natural resources. For manufacturers this not only presents new business challenges to use resources efficiently and reduce costs, it also presents an unmatched opportunity to generate value because of manufacturing’s reach to all sectors of goods, products, and resources. While making the transformation to intelligent manufacturing, sustainability should be at the forefront. Deliver social and economic impact by taking advantage of AI to conserve energy. Preserve natural resources through sustainable manufacturing practices to decrease supply chain costs and increase brand integrity. Technologies like digital twins, AI, and IoT can be used to monitor, control, and save water and energy usage to
generate a lower footprint. Modern agriculture using these technologies has the power to help yield more crops and
ensure food safety, truly serving the greater good. Feed our growing world by improving agricultural productivity with affordable IoT sensors, machinery, and AI that enable precision farming, and grow the market for manufactured goods.
Modernizing your factory floor can help you create agile and responsive end-to-end operations and provide your customers
with customized products and services:
- Integrate data from IoT with other product and customer data to create new insights into customers’ desired outcomes
- Generate data-driven and AI enhanced products and services that differentiate in the new service economy by delivering customer outcomes
- Increase revenue and margins by providing a connected sales and services platform that increases productivity and compliance, and can keep up with new product and service offerings.
- Innovate using digital twins and big compute to get products that customers want to market faster, by enabling more iterations on product, manufacturing, and supply chain designs
- Engage manufacturers’ customers with differentiated buying experiences that leverage Mixed Reality and easy to use quoteto-cash processes to increase wins and margins
By embedding AI into your products now, you can supply personalized and intelligent assistance, predictive maintenance, and remote monitoring after your products leave the factory. MR blends the physical and digital worlds, and paired with AI infused insights, you can use MR to visualize products before they’re manufactured; this allows you to change how you design, build, sell, and service your products.
So, now what?
Two strategies to reimagine manufacturing
See how you can innovate with advanced technologies to create a sustainable future.
Connected product innovation
Save on physical resources and increase your innovation speed with digital product and process twins. Read this e-book to learn how to turn your data into fuel for faster product innovation.
4 OECD. 2012. Water Outlook to 2050: “The OECD calls for early and strategic action” May.
5 Food and Agriculture Organization. 2015. “How to Feed the World in 2050”